Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This has a marinade made of pantry ingredients that you cook in a saucepan and then cool before using. Marination is for several hours to overnight. It was called Barbecued London Broil in Mastering the Art of Barbecuing but it called for Flank Steak. You can BBQ, broil or cook in a grill pan on the stove top.
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- Combine all ingredients, except meat, in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Cool marinade to room temperature.
- Pour sauce over steak in glass baking dish and marinate in the refrigerator several hours to overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove meat from marinade and grill or broil, about 5-6 minutes on each side, until meat is cooked to your liking.
- Carve against the grain into thin diagonal slices.
This was the most best tasting steak.. I made it for my mom and she loved it.. i added sazon and garlic powder. Thanks