Recipe by birdie #3 (andrea)
These taste great and they look awesome! They are also fairly simple. Yum. I get hungry just thinking about them. :)
- 1 flank steak
- 10 skewers (soaked for an hour)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 8 ounces spinach
- 1 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 10 skewers.
- Going with the grain, evenly butterfly flank steak with a sharp knife, being careful not to make any holes. It’s okay if you do though; it's not the easiest meat to butterfly.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder or you can use your favorite seasoning.
- With the cut side up, add spinach, green onion and cheese.
- Tightly roll flank steak, keeping all of the ingredients inside. The tighter the better.
- Secure with skewers about 1 to 2 inches from each other. This can be a little tricky.
- Cut directly in the middle of the meat between the skewers to make 1-1 1/2 inch thick pinwheels.
- Drizzle canola or olive oil over each side of the pinwheels.
- Cook on the grill or griddle over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.