birdie #3 (andrea)'s Note:
These taste great and they look awesome! They are also fairly simple. Yum. I get hungry just thinking about them. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak 10 skewers.
- 2Going with the grain, evenly butterfly flank steak with a sharp knife, being careful not to make any holes. It’s okay if you do though; it's not the easiest meat to butterfly.
- 3Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder or you can use your favorite seasoning.
- 4With the cut side up, add spinach, green onion and cheese.
- 5Tightly roll flank steak, keeping all of the ingredients inside. The tighter the better.
- 6Secure with skewers about 1 to 2 inches from each other. This can be a little tricky.
- 7Cut directly in the middle of the meat between the skewers to make 1-1 1/2 inch thick pinwheels.
- 8Drizzle canola or olive oil over each side of the pinwheels.
- 9Cook on the grill or griddle over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g