Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy to make. Dry rub and cooked on the grill.
paprika salt pepper rub
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Prepare the dry rub in a small bowl.
- Massage the rub over the steaks and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the paprika butter, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stir in the paprika and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar or lemon juice and keep warm.
- Fire up the grill for a two-level fire, one on high heat and one on ,medium heat.
- Grill the steak over high heat for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Move the heat to medium heat and grill for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Let the steaks sit loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly across the grain and serve with butter dripped over the slices.