I made this up. I was looking for a use for a piece of flank steak and while rooting around in the fridge I found some homemade marmalade that had never jelled. Orange, beef and ginger just seem to go really well together. I think you could use different greens, but make sure that you use something that can stand up to a little wilting. Prep time does not include marinating.
- To make the marinade, combine the marmalade, orange juice, vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt.
- Marinate the flank steak for 2-4 hours.
- Broil the flank steak 6 minutes on each side. Allow the meat to rest 10 minutes before cutting, against the grain, into thin slices.
- After you remove the meat from the marinade, boil the marinade in a sauce pan until reduced by half, to about 1 1/2 cups. Whisk occasionally.
- Whisk the butter into the sauce.
- Combine the chopped salad greens.
- For each serving, put a helping of greens into a bowl, top with a portion of meat and 3 tablespoons of the sauce.