1/1 Photo of Flank Steak Orange Salad
I made this up. I was looking for a use for a piece of flank steak and while rooting around in the fridge I found some homemade marmalade that had never jelled. Orange, beef and ginger just seem to go really well together. I think you could use different greens, but make sure that you use something that can stand up to a little wilting. Prep time does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the marinade, combine the marmalade, orange juice, vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt.
- 2Marinate the flank steak for 2-4 hours.
- 3Broil the flank steak 6 minutes on each side. Allow the meat to rest 10 minutes before cutting, against the grain, into thin slices.
- 4After you remove the meat from the marinade, boil the marinade in a sauce pan until reduced by half, to about 1 1/2 cups. Whisk occasionally.
- 5Whisk the butter into the sauce.
- 6Combine the chopped salad greens.
- 7For each serving, put a helping of greens into a bowl, top with a portion of meat and 3 tablespoons of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 978.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar