Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
DH's all-time favourite steak! It really must be marinated overnight if you are going to use flank steak. I usually buy a more tender cut of meat. If a barbecue is not available, your oven broiler will do fine. I have even used the Foreman Grill, at maximum heat. The taste is "to die for". Baked, or twice baked potatoes and a nice crisp salad work well with this. Note: marinating time is not included in the preparation time.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or thyme)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (cracked)
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of the salt.
- Put in a tightly sealed container (zip-lock freezer bag works well) and marinate overnight in the refrigerator, rotating occasionally to make sure all surfaces are covered.
- Place meat on BBQ, reserving marinade to brush on beef while grilling.
- BBQ at medium-high heat for four to six minutes per side, brushing with marinade as needed, or to desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Cut the steak against the grain, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Enjoy.
I was so happy to see this recipe, it looked really good and I love the flavor Rosemary brings to it. I used fresh Rosemary, since I have a big huge bush in my yard, and decided to make this for the January "Rosemary" contest... It came out wonderfully tender, with a delicious flavor throughout. Its so simple, totally worth trying out..you'll be making it regularly after you do!!