Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this from a recipe I got off the myrecipes.com site. It is a wonderful marinade for flank steak. The great thing about this recipe is that you can serve the steak alone and it is still flavorful or you can top with yoru favorite sauce. Marinade time (3 hours to overnight) is not included in prep time. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme or 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 680.38 g flank steaks
- 1. Place garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme on a cutting surface adn use a large knife to chop together until mixed.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a large ziplock bag. Add soy sauce and oil; seal and press bag gently to combine ingredients.
- 3. Place steak in the bag and seal. Turn several times to coat meat.
- 4. Refrigerate, turning several times, for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- 5. To cook meat: preheat broiler to high and arrange rack 6 inches from heat source. Remove meat from bag and pat dry; discard marinade. Broil on a broiling pan for 7 minutes. Turn meat over and broil 5 to 7 minutes longer. To check for doneness, test with the tip of a sharp knife. If juices run red, broil 1 to 2 minutes longer, until instant-read thermometer reads 140 degrees F (for medium rare). Let steak rest for 10 minutes. Working against the grain, cut into thin slices with a knife.
Fabulous!! So simple to prepare and the flavors are splendid! Marinated for 6 hours and the meat was so tender when we served it. Found and made for I Recommend tag game based on TeresaS's review.
We loved it!...this was so easy to prepare and cook...we really enjoyed the flavor...very tasty...thanks for posting it...=)
Excellent marinade with lots of flavor. I oven-broiled a flank steak but looking forward to trying this during the summer on the grill!