1/5 Photos of Flank Steak Marinade
I adapted this from a recipe I got off the myrecipes.com site. It is a wonderful marinade for flank steak. The great thing about this recipe is that you can serve the steak alone and it is still flavorful or you can top with yoru favorite sauce. Marinade time (3 hours to overnight) is not included in prep time. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Place garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme on a cutting surface adn use a large knife to chop together until mixed.
- 22. Transfer mixture to a large ziplock bag. Add soy sauce and oil; seal and press bag gently to combine ingredients.
- 33. Place steak in the bag and seal. Turn several times to coat meat.
- 44. Refrigerate, turning several times, for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- 55. To cook meat: preheat broiler to high and arrange rack 6 inches from heat source. Remove meat from bag and pat dry; discard marinade. Broil on a broiling pan for 7 minutes. Turn meat over and broil 5 to 7 minutes longer. To check for doneness, test with the tip of a sharp knife. If juices run red, broil 1 to 2 minutes longer, until instant-read thermometer reads 140 degrees F (for medium rare). Let steak rest for 10 minutes. Working against the grain, cut into thin slices with a knife.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.9
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 1097.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 38.1 g