1/2 Photos of Flank Steak in Mushroom Wine Sauce
7 hrs 15 mins
Debbie R.'s Note:
From Mable Hoffman's Crockery Cookery. I really liked this crockpot dish. Flank steak is lower in fat than many cuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup sauterne white wine (regular dry white wine isn't quite as good)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 1/2 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1 tablespoon ketchup or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1Put steak in crockpot.
- 2Combine wine, soy sauce, garlic, broth, ketchup or tomato paste, mustard and onion. Pour over steak.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- 4Turn to high. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into crockpot. Add mushrooms.
- 5Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 6For serving, meat should be cut across the grain.
- 7Note: I remove the meat to a plate and cover with foil. I then put the sauce in a saucepan and heat over med-hi to high heat while stirring so that it's done more quickly than the method stated above.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak in Mushroom Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 787.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 37.1 g