Found on-line at Land O Lakes. Marinating the beef simply seals in the great flavors, both spicy and cool, in these steak fajitas. This requires a 4 hour marinading time, not included in prep/cook time.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped seeded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2x1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- sour cream, if desired
- guacamole, if desired
- Combine all marinade ingredients in large resealable plastic food bag; add flank steak. Tightly seal bag. Turn bag several times to coat steak well. Place into 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat gas grill to medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak onto grill. Grill, turning once, until desired doneness (10 to 12 minutes). Place onto cutting board; slice across grain into 1/4-inch slices.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in 8-inch skillet; add green pepper and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (6 to 8 minutes).
- To serve, place steak slices and vegetables in center of each tortilla; top with sour cream and guacamole, if desired.