Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe while searching for recipes for the Pacific Islands for ZWT. This was found on the Hawaiin Recipes. org.
- 680.38 g flank steaks (trimmed)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 177.44 ml aloha shoyu (soy sauce)
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 12.32 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 14.79 ml sambal oelek (prepared chili paste)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 2 sprig dill weed
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a large pan or dish. Place steak in and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours – overnight in refrigerator for best results. Grill steak over medium –medium high heat until your suitable temperature is achieved- approximately 5 minutes on each side will achieve a rare temperature. Take off from heat and let stand for approximately 5-8 minutes before slicing. This will allow the meat to relax and redistribute the juices back into the interior of the steak. Slice steak across the grain; preferably at a 45 degree bias cut.
This was fabulous! I used low sodium soy and worcestershire sauce, and very glad I did. I've gotten used to less salt, and this was perfect. I marinated for 5 1/2 hours and grilled for 5 minutes on one side, 6 on the other. Perfectly rare after letting it sit for 8 minutes. Thanks for sharing! Made for 123 Hits Tag game.
Delicious! I made this during one of our RV trips...I let it marinade overnight and the meat was so tender...I had plenty of leftovers for some yummy sandwiches...thanks for posting it!
I love flank steak, a nice meaty cheap cut that with the right treatment taste great. And this was the RIGHT treatment, I followed the directions exactly, except for cutting it in half. Used low sodium soy sauce and marinated for 4 hours before throwing on the grill. Served with Bok Choy and a glass of Washington Red, what an explosion of flavors and the meat came out perfect and tender. This might just end up being my one and only flank steak recipe. Made for ZWT 2011