Recipe by diner524
I found this recipe while searching for recipes for the Pacific Islands for ZWT. This was found on the Hawaiin Recipes. org.
Top Review by breezermom
This was fabulous! I used low sodium soy and worcestershire sauce, and very glad I did. I've gotten used to less salt, and this was perfect. I marinated for 5 1/2 hours and grilled for 5 minutes on one side, 6 on the other. Perfectly rare after letting it sit for 8 minutes. Thanks for sharing! Made for 123 Hits Tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (trimmed)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 3⁄4 cup aloha shoyu (soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (prepared chili paste)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 2 sprigs dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a large pan or dish. Place steak in and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours – overnight in refrigerator for best results. Grill steak over medium –medium high heat until your suitable temperature is achieved- approximately 5 minutes on each side will achieve a rare temperature. Take off from heat and let stand for approximately 5-8 minutes before slicing. This will allow the meat to relax and redistribute the juices back into the interior of the steak. Slice steak across the grain; preferably at a 45 degree bias cut.