Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light.Prep time is marinade time
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, cut into strips
- cooking spray
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup julienne-cut yellow squash
- 1 cup julienne-cut zucchini
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 6 (10 inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- Prepare the marinade: Combine the first 9 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare fajitas: Combine 1/3 cup marinade, onion, and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove steak mixture from bag; discard marinade.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add the steak mixture, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Place the steak mixture in a large bowl, and keep warm.
- Add bell pepper, squash, zucchini, corn, and remaining marinade to skillet; stir-fry 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add to steak mixture; toss gently.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 1 cup steak mixture, 1/3 cup tomato, and 1 teaspoon sour cream down center of each tortilla; roll up.
Great oldie from cooking light. i realize flank steak is one of the few beef cuts i really like. the marinade was terrific and the spices just right, a winner.