Recipe by threeovens
Flank steak is very flavorful and a natural to use in fajitas. Here the flank steak is pan fried to desired doneness, then sliced thin, across the grain, for use in the fajitas.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into thing strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the flank steak with chili powder and salt on both sides. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook steak 5 to 6 minutes per side to desired doneness. Remove from pan and let stand.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet and add peppers, garlic, and onion. Cook, stirring often until vegetables soften, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add salsa and cook an additional 2 or 3 minutes.
- Slice meat, across the grain, into very thin strips. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 1/4 of the meat and 1/4 of the vegetables on each tortilla and serve.