Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Flank steak is very flavorful and a natural to use in fajitas. Here the flank steak is pan fried to desired doneness, then sliced thin, across the grain, for use in the fajitas.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into thing strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 flour tortillas
- Season the flank steak with chili powder and salt on both sides. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook steak 5 to 6 minutes per side to desired doneness. Remove from pan and let stand.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet and add peppers, garlic, and onion. Cook, stirring often until vegetables soften, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add salsa and cook an additional 2 or 3 minutes.
- Slice meat, across the grain, into very thin strips. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 1/4 of the meat and 1/4 of the vegetables on each tortilla and serve.
Very nice! Can't think of much more to say because I cooked everything exactly as described and loved them.
These were muy bueno! I had to stop my husband from picking bits off my plate before I was done eating because he liked it so much. I appreciated that the seasoning on the steak gave it a bit of rich heat but wasn't out of this world spicy though it could have been with a hotter chili powder. I actually did half and half with a mild chili powder and cayenne pepper. Then, my husband (who likes things really hot and I don't) sprinkled a chipotle hot sauce on his and threw in some jarred jalapeÃ±os for good measure too! His breath could probably melt paint now but he loved them that way. The only other real change I made was that since I didn't have as much steak as the recipe called for, I also threw in half a can of kidney beans. That worked really well! I can tell we are going to have this many times in the futures. Made for the Chow Hounds as part of ZWT5.