Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Our family loves Mexican food, and this is one of our favorites.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 8 -10 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Place beef in a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and salt; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Stir in red and green peppers. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat and peppers are tender. Thicken juices if desired.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired.
Very good recipe and easy to fix. My family really enjoyed it.