Recipe by lazyme
I found this recipe in a Back of the Box Recipes cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure sounds good.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks, about 1 1/2-pounds
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine cream cheese, milk, green onions and tarragon.
- Stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir small amount of hot cream cheese mixture into egg yolks.
- Return to hot mixture.
- Stir in wine and juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat 1 minute or until thickened.
- Score steak on both sides.
- Place on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil on both sides to desired doneness.
- With knife slanted, carve steak across grain into thin slices.
- Serve with cream cheese mixture.