Recipe by Bobbie
Oh my, what flavor! Even though the recipe says you can marinate for just 4 hours -- you really need to let it marinate for closer to 12 hours. Be sure to cut this steak across the grain and into thin slanting slices. The prep time includes the marinating time. The cook time will vary depending on how you like your meat cooked and the thickness of the cut.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (I use the ginger in the little jar that most produce sections in the grocery store carry)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil (I prefer the olive oil) or 3⁄4 cup salad oil (I prefer the olive oil)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks, trimmed of fat
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, stir together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic powder, and ginger. Add oil and onion.
- Place meat in shallow dish (or plastic zip top bag) and pour marinade over it. Cover and refrigerate, turning meat occasionally, for at least 4 hours or until the next day.
- Lift meat from marinade and drain briefly (reserve marinade). Place meat on grill. Cook, basting occasionally with marinade until done to your liking.
- To serve, cut meat across grain into thin slanting strips.
- This recipe doubles and triples very well. The left over meat is great in sandwiches or in salads.