For the mushrooms, use a mix of wild mushrooms such as porcini, morels, chanterelles, etc. Use your favorite homemade salsa or commercial salsa for topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) flank steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 cups white onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 ounces wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place a corn tortilla in pan and cook until it begins to brown. Flip over and lightly brown other side. Place on plate. Repeat with remaining toritllas. Keep them warm until ready to use.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Sprinkle steak with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan.
- 4Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through poblano); sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- 5Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Add steak, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to pan; cook 1 minute.
- 6Place about 1/3 cup steak mixture in each tortilla. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon salsa. Fold in half and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak and Wild Mushroom Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 586.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g