1 hr 10 mins
This is a dessert that appears in many Mexican restaurant menus. It has a delicious cheesecake type of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process in blender the cheese, dissolved powdered milk, condensed milk and eggs-- set aside.
- 2On heat-proof glass (Pyrex) dish, melt the sugar till dark, over stove top.
- 3Move dish so bottom and sides are evenly covered with resulting caramel.
- 4Pour blended ingredients onto Pyrex dish.
- 5Cover and bake with steaming method in medium heat conventional oven or in covered double boiler dutch oven for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Let cool and unmold (unmolding optional).
- 7Refrigerate until serving time.
- 8Note: Manchego cheese equivalent in U:S. would be white Cheddar cheese or Monterrey Jack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flan Napolitano (Mexican Restaurant Flan)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: