Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
This is a dessert that appears in many Mexican restaurant menus. It has a delicious cheesecake type of flavor.
- 1⁄3 lb manchego cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, that has been prepared out of powdered milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, for caramel coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Process in blender the cheese, dissolved powdered milk, condensed milk and eggs-- set aside.
- On heat-proof glass (Pyrex) dish, melt the sugar till dark, over stove top.
- Move dish so bottom and sides are evenly covered with resulting caramel.
- Pour blended ingredients onto Pyrex dish.
- Cover and bake with steaming method in medium heat conventional oven or in covered double boiler dutch oven for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and unmold (unmolding optional).
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Note: Manchego cheese equivalent in U:S. would be white Cheddar cheese or Monterrey Jack.