Recipe by Happy Hippie
This is a popular traditional Mexican dessert. Credit goes to "Low Fat Mexican Recipes." Very good!
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, salt and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add skim milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Pour custard into 6 custard dishes.
- Sprinkle each with nutmeg.
- Place custard cups in baking pan, add hot water to the pan 2/3 of the way up the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- To test for doneness, knife should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- Refrigerate for several hours. The longer it is chilled, the firmer it becomes.
- To serve, top with Flan Sauce.