Happy Hippie's Note:
This is a popular traditional Mexican dessert. Credit goes to "Low Fat Mexican Recipes." Very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prehead oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, combine eggs, salt and sweetened condensed milk.
- 3Add skim milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- 4Add vanilla and blend well.
- 5Pour custard into 6 custard dishes.
- 6Sprinkle each with nutmeg.
- 7Place custard cups in baking pan, add hot water to the pan 2/3 of the way up the sides of the custard cups.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 9To test for doneness, knife should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- 10Refrigerate for several hours. The longer it is chilled, the firmer it becomes.
- 11To serve, top with Flan Sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flan (Custard)
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 168.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sweetened condensed milk