1/7 Photos of Flan Cake
1 hr 5 mins
My grandmother got this recipe from one of her great-nieces. It's really good and super-easy. We usually make it with yellow cake mix but I'm sure it would be equally good with chocolate. If you can find Cajeta Quemada (A goat's milk caramel made in Mexico-Coronado brand is best) you can substitute it for the caramel topping. Also if you can get Mexican vanilla that's best too. It has a very distinctive flavor. The ingredients for the cake are for a Betty Crocker cake mix. Use whatever ingredients and proportions your cake mix calls for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bundt pan thoroughly with cooking spray.
- 2Pour 3/4 cup caramel topping in bundt pan.
- 3Whip flan ingredients (eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla) together with electric mixer.
- 4Pour flan mixture into pan.
- 5Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 6Pour prepared cake mix over flan mixture in pan.
- 7Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 8Cool for 15 to 20 minutes before inverting onto serving plate. Caramel topping will drip down the sides.
- 9Drizzle additional caramel topping over sliced cake before serving if desired.
- 10Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 347.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g