Recipe by Jacky N.
It is a normal flan that is easy to make.
Top Review by Stovepipe
This recipe turned out just like the flan we used to buy at a Mexican supermarket. I like that it has fewer eggs than other flan recipes because I don't like eggy-tasting desserts. Refrigerating it for 24 hours, or at least overnight, for some reason seems to get rid of the eggy taste as well. The only thing I did differently was add a little water before carmelizing the sugar (it evaporates out anyway). I might try putting it in a water bath next time to give it a smoother texture.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over meadium heat place the sugar and stir ocasionally during 8 minute or until caramel is a golden brown.
- Then immediately pour caramel into a 9-inch round cake pan and even out the caramel quickly before it hardens. Set it asaide.
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the sweetened codensed milk, the evaporated milk, the vanilla, and the eggs.
- Place the mix in the cake pan and then in the oven and cook for abot 40-50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve and enjoy:).