Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This biscuit recipe has become one of my faves. They are are good with almost any meal of the day, from a holiday brunch to everyday entrees.. These biscuits are served with dinner entrees at the Beef Barron Restaurant at the Flamingo Hilton Hotel in Laughlin, Nevada.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, sliced or 1⁄4 cup chives
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine oil and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl; add cheese and green onion.
- Combine cake and bread flours, salt, sugar, baking powder, pepper and garlic powder in a separate bowl; gradually add to the liquid ingredients, folding in until batter is well incorporated but not overmixed.
- On a floured board, roll dough out to 1 to 1 1/4 -inch thickness; cut into desired shapes such as rounds or squares.
- Place on baking sheets and bake at 300 degrees 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned, careful not to overbake.