Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This cocktail is usually served in a volcano bowl with long straws to be shared with a group. In the top center, high proof rum is ignited, giving the volcano a dramatic visual appeal. When the fire goes out, the clear rum in the top is ok to drink.
- 113.39 g lemon juice
- 226.79 g orange juice
- 56.69 g light rum
- 56.69 g brandy
- 113.39 g orgeat syrup or 113.39 g other almond syrup
- 4 scoop crushed ice or 4 scoop chipped ice
- 28.34 g rum (151 proof)
- Place all ingredients except the 151 rum into a blender until smooth. Pour this into the mote area circling the volcano.
- Pour 151 rum into the top of the volcano, and with a long fireplace match, ignite.
- Serve with long straws to sip from the mote.