Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be served flaming but is equally good but not quite so impressive without the flames.
Make and share this Flaming Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves or 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- make a bed of the baby spinach in a flame resitant bowl or platter (not plastic).
- sprinkle celery and onions over the spinach.
- fry bacon until crisp and place in between paper towels to drain.
- remove all but 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan.
- stir in sugar, vinegar and spices and bring to a boil.
- Add bacon and cook until slightly carmelized
- pour the hot mixture over the greens.
- at the table warm the brandy and ignite pour over the salad
- toss and serve.