Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
A special recipe for a special dinner party. Your guests will "love the presentation."
- 2 rock cornish game hens, defrosted if frozen
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove giblets from defrosted birds and discard.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet with heat-proof handle.
- Season hens with salt and pepper.
- Brown hens lightly all over in the butter, turning frequently, about 20 minutes.
- When hens are browned, add sherry to the pan and transfer it to the oven.
- Roast the hens 45 - 60 minutes, until they are tender, basting often.
- Transfer hens to heated and heat-proof serving dish.
- Invite your guests to the kitchen to "watch the show.".
- Warm brandy in a small sauce pan and ignite it with a long handled match.
- Pour over the hens and serve flaming.