Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's an interesting recipe I picked up somewhere along my life's path, possibly from, or because of my mom who introduced me to 'flaming' desserts!
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pear halves, drained, reserving syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- Place 12 pear halves, cut side down on paper towels.
- For the filling, combine cream cheese, sugar & enough reserved pear syrup to make a spreadable filling.
- Add walnuts, & stir to mix well.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of filling onto the FLAT surface of each pear.
- Press together each set of two halves to make 6 'whole' pears.
- For the sauce, in saucepan, blend cold water & cornstarch, then add thawed raspberries.
- Cook & stir until thick.
- Run cooked raspberries through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Keep warm.
- When ready to serve, preheat 1/4 cup brandy.
- Pour brandy on top of warm raspberry sauce, then ignite with LONG match.
- Immediately, & with a long-handled dipper, spoon flaming sauce over pears, & serve.