1/6 Photos of Flaming Garlic and Whisky Gambas! (King Prawns - Giant Shrimp)
French Tart's Note:
French, Spanish and Scottish fusion cooking at its best! Take large gambas (king prawns or giant shrimp) and sauté them in garlic butter.....then add a generous slug of Scotch whisky - set them alight - flambé them for a minute or so...........serve them hot with crusty bread to mop up all the sinful garlic butter and whisky juices - maybe with a salad of mixed baby leaves! Sublime...........divine decadence on a platter! I like these - can you tell??! Allow 2 to 3 per person for a starter and about 4 to 5 per person for a main course, when served with accompaniments. Tactile eating - so provide plenty of napkins or finger bowls!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a large frying pan and then add the minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for about 1 minute.
- 2Add the gambas and turn up the heat - sauté them for about 3- 5 minutes, turning them constantly until they are a vivid pink.
- 3Add the whisky and heat for about 15 seconds: VERY CAREFULLY set the whisky alight and shake the pan around - please be VERY careful!
- 4As soon as the flames have died down, serve the hot gambas with the garlic and whisky butter, scattering the chopped parsley on top of them. Season lightly with salt and pepper or allow the diners to season them themselves.
- 5Allow about 2 to 3 per head for a starter and about 4 to 5 per head for a main meal.
- 6Serve with a lemon wedge, crusty bread, assorted salads, rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flaming Garlic and Whisky Gambas! (King Prawns - Giant Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 406.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g