Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
The recipe title is self-explanatory!
Make and share this Flaming Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1⁄2 small red pepper
- chopped red chilies or green chili, to taste
- 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 eggs
- paprika or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 320F degrees.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and cook over medium heat until soft and lightly golden.
- Add the pepper and chilies and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, uncovered, over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the tomato mixture into a shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Using the bowl of a soup spoon, press three hollows into the mixture to hold the eggs (one per number of servings).
- One-by-one break each egg into the hollows.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks are still soft.
- Sprinkle with paprika or cayenne and serve immediately.