Recipe by Deb Mattson
Greek restaurants famous Flaming Cheese. The hard Greek cheese can be found in Greek or Middle Eastern grocery stores and gourmet food shops.
- kasseri cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups brandy
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 8 pita bread, brushed with olive oil and grilled
- 1 cup kalamata olive
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 Season both sides of cheese with salt and pepper. Place cheese in shallow dish and cover with brandy. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2 Season flour with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 3 Remove cheese from dish, reserve 1/4 c brandy. Dredge cheese in seasoned flour coating completely.
- 4 In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- 5 Pan fry cheese 2 minutes per side. Add reserved brandy and carefully flame the brandy, shaking pan back and forth several times.
- 6 Add lemon juice.
- 7 Remove cheese from pan and serve with pita bread and olives.