Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great over ice cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 6 pieces each
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- vanilla ice cream
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add butter. When it begins to foam, add bananas and sugar.
- Sauté and let bananas caramelize.
- Tilt the pan away from you, pour in rum and hold a match over the simmering mixture. Be careful!
- When the alcohol has burned off, the flame will die down.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream.