Recipe by gailanng
This recipe is a southwestern takeoff on the Italian panzanella. It took top honors in Bays English muffins' 16th annual "Quick Cook" National Recipe Contest.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp (26-30 count) or 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen shrimp, cooked (26-30 count)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup peeled chopped cucumber
- 3 green onions, chopped (divided)
- 4 English muffins, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine shrimp, beans, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and 2/3 of the green onions in large bowl. Toast muffins twice or until crisp and golden brown (do not burn). Slice muffins into quarters. Set aside.
- Toss shrimp mixture with reserved dressing. Add muffin quarters. Lightly toss. Garnish with remaining green onions. Best if served immediately.