1/1 Photo of Flamenco Eggs
Swirl of red, green, yellow, and white like the colors of the dancer's skirts. Feel free to replace the tomatoes with whatever seasonal vegetables you have on hand. Part of the garnish is megis. Migas is rough chopped bread-crumbs from stale bread, then fried in oil and drained on paper towel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces bacon or 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, diced (The hard, dried type)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 extra large eggs
- salt, Paprika, Black Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F, Warm four individual baking dishes, (Twelve to fourteen ounce dishes work best).
- 2Heat olive oil in frying pan and fry bacon/pancetta and chorizo over medium high heat until most of the oil is rendered out of the chorizo, remove about 3/4 fo the oil.
- 3Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until the onion is softened and translucent.
- 4Reduce heat, and add the bell peppers, sherry, and spices. Cook until softened. Correct the seasoning if necessary.
- 5Using a slotted spoon, divide amongst the baking dishes evenly, and divide the chopped parsley on top of them. In a small dish, break one of the eggs, swirl with a fork, (Do not beat the egg, just slightly mix the white and the yolk.) Pour egg over top of one serving dish. Repeat with the other three eggs and serving dishes.
- 6Bake the dishes 8 to 12 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- 7Remove from oven carefully (It will be hot), garnish with the Migas, and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flamenco Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.1
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 314.5 mg
- Sodium 1031.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 26.6 g