Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a hot chocolate recipe I found in a Nestle Chocolate Fantasies Book, so good!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
This was the perfect drink to have on a freezing winter evening. We had just been hit with freezing rain and people are being asked to keep off the roads. No problem with this yummy beverage. The chocolate and orange flavors melded really well. I topped it off with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Made for Feb. 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 4 cups milk
- 100 g chocolate chips or 100 g easy chocolate candy melts
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange essence
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 cup milk, cinnamon stick & chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stir occasionally until chocolate has melted and then gradually add the remaining milk, stirring until well mixed.
- Meanwhile combine sugar, cinnamon & orange rind & set aside.
- When milk has almost reached a boil, remove it from the heat & discard cinnamon stick, stir in orange essence and whip with a beater until fluffy.
- Serve hot chocolate in mugs and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.