Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not your typical pork chops!
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherries in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 center-cut pork loin chops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons light margarine (cut into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Drain cherries & sprinkle w/ sugar. Set aside.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Sear chops on both sides to caramelize.
- Place loose foil "tent" over pan and transfer chops to oven. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer chops individual plates & cover chops with foil.
- Place chop skillet over medium heat & add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shallots and saute 2 minutes. Add cherries and heat until just warmed.
- IMPORTANT: Remove from burner! Add brandy, then flame the pan. Do not leave pan on burner when adding flame, as it could get out of hand. (If you're not comfortable flaming the pan, feel free to omit brandy altogether. You can simply add broth and reduce over medium heat for a couple of minutes).
- Burn off alcohol for 1 minute, then broth.
- Reduce broth a couple of minutes, then add margarine.
- Stir sauce & add mint.
- Place chops on individual plates and pour over with sauce.