Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Got this from a German health food store magazine called "Schrot und Korn". Haven't tried it yet but it sounds delicious :) The rising time for the dough wasn't listed, so I don't quite know how long the actual prep time is, the 60 minutes are just a guess.
- Sift flour into bowl, make a well in the centre and crumble the yeast into the well. Mix the yeast with the 4 tablespoons warm water (ad some more if needed to make a smooth paste), add 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Cover, let stand for 10 minutes.
- With a hand mixer, knead the dough after 10 minutes, slowly adding the 200 ml warm water, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Knead into smooth dough, cover and let rise until double in size.
- Slice apples, mix with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut onions into wedges. Roughly chop hazelnuts.
- On a floured surface, knead dough well, then roll out on greased cookie sheet. Spread evenly with crème fraîche, leaving a small rim. Spread apple slices, onions and goat's cheese on crème fraîche layer. Salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven at 420 F forabout 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with thyme and sage and serve hot.