Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
A sauteed chicken dish flavored with Grand Marnier and tequila. Very elegant!
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (I like Grand Marnier)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (I like Herradurra; their Reposado will do nicely)
- Brown chicken breasts 6 minutes per side in 1-2 tablespoons butter; remove and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan.
- Melt butter and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Cook for one minute, then add chicken broth and pepper, stirring constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add Grand marnier and lime juice and mix well.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Gently pour tequila on one side of skillet and ignite using a long fireplace match.
- Allow the flames to subside naturally, then serve.