Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Midnight Snacks... something lovely to share with a loved at those odd hours in the morning.
Make and share this Flambe the Night Away recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar
- 2 bananas, peeled and split or 2 mangoes, peeled and pitted or 2 nectarines or 2 peaches, pitted and cut into quarters or 236.59 ml sour cherries, pitted or 5 figs, cut in half
- 56.69-85.04 g brandy (or frambroise, Grand Marnier, dark rum or other liqueur)
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream or 2 scoop frozen yogurt
- 2 slice poundcake or 2 slice angel food cake
- In a chafing dish or nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the sugar, stirring until it dissolves.
- Add the fruit and heat thoroughly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate small pan, warm the brady; it should feel hot to the touch, but not simmering.
- Pour the brandy over the cooking friut and, carefully, touch the edge of the brandy's surface with a lit match or lighter.
- Shake the pan, stir carefully, and tame the flames. Set a scoop of ice cream atop each slice of cake and put the fruit and extinguished sauce on top.
First time I have tried to flambe anything and this was easy :)
This was so yummy! I decided to try it for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately my husband didn't like it. I couldn't get it to ignite. It was still wonderful.