From Midnight Snacks... something lovely to share with a loved at those odd hours in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 bananas, peeled and split or 2 mangoes, peeled and pitted or 2 nectarines or 2 peaches, pitted and cut into quarters or 1 cup sour cherries, pitted or 5 figs, cut in half
- 2 -3 ounces brandy (or frambroise, Grand Marnier, dark rum or other liqueur)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or 2 scoops frozen yogurt
- 2 slices poundcake or 2 slices angel food cake
- 1In a chafing dish or nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the sugar, stirring until it dissolves.
- 2Add the fruit and heat thoroughly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3In a separate small pan, warm the brady; it should feel hot to the touch, but not simmering.
- 4Pour the brandy over the cooking friut and, carefully, touch the edge of the brandy's surface with a lit match or lighter.
- 5Shake the pan, stir carefully, and tame the flames. Set a scoop of ice cream atop each slice of cake and put the fruit and extinguished sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flambe the Night Away
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g