Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Midnight Snacks... something lovely to share with a loved at those odd hours in the morning.
Make and share this Flambe the Night Away recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 bananas, peeled and split or 2 mangoes, peeled and pitted or 2 nectarines or 2 peaches, pitted and cut into quarters or 1 cup sour cherries, pitted or 5 figs, cut in half
- 2 -3 ounces brandy (or frambroise, Grand Marnier, dark rum or other liqueur)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or 2 scoops frozen yogurt
- 2 slices poundcake or 2 slices angel food cake
- In a chafing dish or nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the sugar, stirring until it dissolves.
- Add the fruit and heat thoroughly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate small pan, warm the brady; it should feel hot to the touch, but not simmering.
- Pour the brandy over the cooking friut and, carefully, touch the edge of the brandy's surface with a lit match or lighter.
- Shake the pan, stir carefully, and tame the flames. Set a scoop of ice cream atop each slice of cake and put the fruit and extinguished sauce on top.