This goes back many years it is one of the better pie pastry recipes, the vinegar and the egg works magic to create a flakey easy to work with pastry! :)
My Private Note
pie cru ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix together the salt and flour.
- 2With a pastry blender, cut in cold shortening until the size of peas.
- 3In a small cup, beat egg with a fork, add in the vinegar and water; whisk until well blended.
- 4Add the water/egg mixture gradually to the flour mixture.
- 5Shape into ball.
- 6Refrigerate 1 or more hours.
- 7Roll out dough, use for 2 (8" pie crust) OR 1 large deep dish pie crusts.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flaky Vinegar Egg Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4157.4
- Calories from Fat 2843
- Total Fat 315.9 g
- Saturated Fat 90.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 1825.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 286.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 45.0 g