Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I helped make these in my cooking class Operation Frontline.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce, for dipping
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts. To pound chicken breasts, use a can or bottle or rolling pin. Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap so that whatever you use doesn't touch the chicken and pound lightly. Cut into 1" wide strips.
- Mix together yogurt, water, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken strips to yogurt mixture and toss until coated.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a plastic bag. Add chicken fingers about 3-4 strips at a time and shake until coated. Be sure to use a bag that has a closure, or firmly grip the top of the bag, or use a rubber bacn to keep the bag sealed so that when you shake it, the bread crumbs and chicken fingers don't fall out.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Put chicken fingers on the cookie sheet and spray strips with cooking spray as well. Make sure not to overcrowd the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Repeat steps 6 and 7 if you don't have enough room on the cookie sheet to cook all chicken fingers at once.
- Put tomato sauce in a small bowl and use it to dip the chicken fingers.
- Note: When we did our fingers we also dipped our fingers in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, onion flakes, and paprika. Dip in egg wash then dip in corn flakes. You can substitute stove top or potato flakes seasoned with hot sauce for the bread crumbs.