Recipe by Nanny Annie
I clipped this out of a newpaper years ago. The recipe is yellow with age. These are so flaky and delicious. Hope you like them.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 lb butter or 1 lb margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter or margarine into flour with pastry blender or two knives.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix well and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook pineapple, sugar, and cornstarch over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and clear.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll out half of the dough and place in the bottom of a jellyroll pan.
- Add cooled filling and spread over dough.
- Cover with remaining rolled out dough.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Cut in 70 squares.
- Refrigerate if not used within a short period of time.