I clipped this out of a newpaper years ago. The recipe is yellow with age. These are so flaky and delicious. Hope you like them.
- Cut butter or margarine into flour with pastry blender or two knives.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix well and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook pineapple, sugar, and cornstarch over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and clear.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll out half of the dough and place in the bottom of a jellyroll pan.
- Add cooled filling and spread over dough.
- Cover with remaining rolled out dough.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Cut in 70 squares.
- Refrigerate if not used within a short period of time.
This recipe has been a family favorite for about 40 years. Every time I make it I'm asked for the recipe. It the best recipe I have. Thanks for posting
This recipe is OUTSTANDING!!! Granted, it takes a bit of work, but trust me when I say, "It's worth it!" I didn't have a jelly roll pan so used the largest pan I had and the bars came out YUMMY and GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much, Nanny Annie. Please keep those recipes coming. Made for PAC 2007.