Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Julia Child recipe!
- 5 1⁄4 cups pastry flour or 5 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable shortening, chilled
- 1 cup ice water
- In a mixer bowl with paddle attachment add flour and salt- mix well on low.
- Continue on low and add butter and mix on low until the mixture looks coarse and crumbly.
- Add shortening a little at a time.
- When the mixture is clumpy and holds together when pressed between your fingers add the water and mix until incorporated into dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface and fold over a few times.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- When chilled roll out and use.
- Dough can be frozen for up to 1 month.
This recipe made a wonderful pie dough full of flavor, flaky, with a great crust. Added bonus it was so easy. A little egg wash and sugar great for sweet or a bit of egg wash and parmesan cheese and wonderful for pot pie!!! Thanks for posting!!!