1/1 Photo of Flaky Pie Crust
This came from the Moutain Network News recipes (www.mnn.net). This flaky crust works for both sweed and savory recipes. Make sure you refridgerate before rolling to maximize flakiness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt and sugar in a processor.
- 2Using on/off switch, cut in shortening and butter until mixture resembles course meal.
- 3Beat egg and water in a small bowl and add to flour mixture.
- 4Process until moist clumps form, adding more water by the teaspoon if dough is dry.
- 5Gather into a ball and divide in half.
- 6Flatten each half into a disk.
- 7Wrap in plastic and refridgerate for at least one hour.
- 8Can be made upto on day ahead.
- 9Keep chilled.
- 10Let dough soften slightly at room temperature before rolling.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flaky Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3103.3
- Calories from Fat 1824
- Total Fat 202.6 g
- Saturated Fat 85.9 g
- Cholesterol 455.5 mg
- Sodium 1894.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 280.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 41.6 g