Recipe by Sara 76
This recipe comes from the "Gone With The Wind Cook Book - Famous Southern Cooking Recipes". There is a note in the foreward which I love: "Gone With The Wind told of a style of living. as well as a romantic drama, A way of living, playing, and eating that thrilled us all."
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and sift together flour and salt.
- Cut butter into flour with 2 knives or a pastry blender.
- Add enough water to hold ingredients together, sprinkling it in evenly and mixing with a fork.
- Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill for 1 hour before rolling.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll on lightly-floured board to 1/8-inch thickness. for pies and pie shells.
- Bake pie shells at 220C for 15 minutes.