Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
This recipe was submitted by my friend Joy Lavin-Jones, for the Cal Fish and Game, Wild and Wonderful Recipes II. The added crunchiness comes from the corn flakes.
Top Review by Gerry
Great cookies - easy and great taste is a wonderful combination when it comes to cookies! The recipe very similiar to one I had go missing years and years ago - so pleased to have found one that brings back so many memories. Didn't have the full amount of raisins on hand - other than that made as posted. Perfect cookies for coffee time and cookies I know the teenager and his brother will love. Thank you and thank your friend for sharing!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cream until well blended.
- Stir in eggs and mix well.
- Combine baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Fold into sugar-butter mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, raisins, oats, corn flakes, coconut and walnuts. Blend well.
- Scoop out balls of cookie dough with an ice cream scoop or tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Flatten each scoop slightly with palm or glass.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes.